I created some .ico files for Kingston datatraveler mini 32gb DTM30 Flash Drive:
I developed a small utility to export the channels from SmartDVB to VLC.
The utility can be downloaded from:
The source code is here (contains the eclipse project):
The application is very very minimal. It requires java.
- First of all locate the smartdvb.db file. It’s located in the SmartDVB installation directory or in the user SmartDVB AppData folder. (This file contains the channels found by SmartDVB).
- Close SmartDVB Application.
- Make a backup copy of this file, if something goes wrong.
- Extract the SmartDVBExportM3U zip file and open the SmartDVBExportM3U.exe
- Choose the path of the smartdvb.db file using the first button
- Export with the second button.
I found the drivers for this usb stick. The device has the same hardware of the WideView WT-200U or WT220U distribuited by various vendors (Freecom, Yakumo, Hama, Typhoon, Yuan)
Using the drivers from Freecom the MCFTec USB Stick works. I tested it on Windows Vista 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.
http://www.freecom.com/files/Productinformation/EOL/DVBT/Driver/25451-rev3-XP32-Vista3264.zip [<<<<<<< this worked for me on Windows Vista 32bit and on Windows 7 64bit]
Other drivers from Freecom:
[2019-10-08 UPDATE: files are not available anymore at these links, use this below on dropbox]
I uploaded on dropbox an archive with all those drivers, the driver for the MCFTec on the photo is 25451-rev3-XP32-Vista3264:
After installing the drivers you can use any software to watch the tv. I tested the MCFTec with SichboPVR and MediaPortal v1.
You can also search the channels with SmartDVB and you can view the channels with VLC using this .m3u playlist for example [i found program=3401 from SmartDVB (Channel properties, PID as <DEC>)]:
The remote control act as a keyboard. This is the key map:
- Power: F12
- MUTE: F8
- VOL+: F10
- VOL-: F9
- CH+: plus sign
- CH-: minus sign
- 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0: the same
- ZOOM: Enter
- JUMP: ¶
Remote control on MediaPortal
On MediaPortal you can change default keyboard shortcuts to map the keys on the remote control:
- MediaPortal Configuration > Remotes and Input Devices > HID: uncheck all checkboxes
- MediaPortal Configuration > General > Keys and Sounds
- Global Actions: Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute
- Windows > Fullscreen TVs: Next tv channel, Previous tv channel
Remote control on SichboPVR
On SichboPVR you cannot change the keyboard shortcuts, the default shortcuts are (visible using F1):
- + increase volume
- -: decrease volume
- Numbers: insert channel number
- Enter: change channel after inserting channel number
So you can use CH+ to increase the volume, CH- to decrease the volume, the numbers to select the channel and ZOOM to change to the selected channel.